Delavan Education Foundation
The Delavan Education Foundation has established this scholarship to Delavan Community Unit School District #703.
This scholarship will be awarded to 1 to 2 worthy students, to further their education at a junior college, vocational, trade or technical school or four-year university/college.
In accordance with the agreement, the applicant must be a graduating senior of the Delavan School District #703 in the year that the scholarship is awarded.
This scholarship of $500.00 each shall be paid directly to the school of the recipient’s choice upon confirmation that the student is enrolled at the institution after the institution’s drop date (usually three weeks into the semester).
TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Delavan Education Foundation Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the applicant’s motivation to accomplish his/her educational and career goals.
Students may obtain an application by contacting the Delavan Schools Guidance Office at: 907 Locust Street, Delavan, IL 61734 and (309)244-9872 or on the DEF Website. The completed application and attachments should be returned in a sealed envelope to:
Dr. Andrew Brooks, Superintendant
Delavan Community Unit Schools
907 Locust St.
Delavan, IL 61734
· Winners will be chosen by a committee of the Delavan Education Foundation
· Applications must be received by April 1st. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
· Winners will be announced at the DHS Honors Night and the DHS Graduation Ceremony.
Please respond to the following questions with a minimum of 200 words per question:
1. What is your planned major in college and how do you intend to use it?
2. What personality traits do you admire most in other people?
3. If you could meet and discuss anything with any person that ever lived, who would you choose and what would you talk about?
Do not include your name or any other information that may identify you in your essay.
PLEASE complete this portion and return with your typewritten essay by April 1.
Signature of applicant______________________________________
Signature of Parent/Legal Guardian_________________________________________________