Delavan Education Foundation Funded Projects: 2012
The DEF is grateful for the donations that allowed us to support the following projects during 2012:
- HOBY (Hugh O’Brien Youth) Leadership Conference. One outstanding Delavan sophomore student will attend this conference.
- Subscription to the Music K8 Magazine to aid the Music Department in curriculum and activities
- National Geographic subscription to the school
- Donation to Delavan High School After Prom Party
- Partial funding of the ZAPS program which helps prepare the Junior Class for the ACT and Prairie State Achievement Test
- Purchased My Word Books for the 1st Grade which allows the students to assemble their own vocabulary notebook. Students in the past have used their notebooks for several years.
- Partial funding to Delavan IMC to keep the computer system current and to allow students and faculty access to available titles through the Regional Alliance Library System.
- Partial funding for Camp Read-A-Lot. Approximately 90% of the elementary students attend Camp Read-A-Lot.
- Purchased Rebecca Caudill Young Reader’s Book Award nominees’ books for 2013 Illinois Children’s Choice Award. Our students were then able to vote for the 2013 awards
- Awarded a $1000 scholarship to the winner of the Delavan Education Foundation Scholarship
- Delavan Education Foundation has funded numerous projects over the past several years, they include the following:
- Hearing Aid Upgrade System for Delavan Schools
- Student Tech Education Program tuition assistance
- Times for Kids and Weekly Readers
- Camp Read-a-lot
- Senior calendar project
- Science Club Trip to International Science Fair
- Summer Music Program
- Delavan Schools and Community Fitness Center
- Partial funding for the curtain on the stage in the Jake Poppenga Gymnasium
- Donation to Drug Prevention Task Force and the Delavan PTO for food at the Community Night at the school in March
Your tax deductible donation to fund these and other projects can be made to:
P.O. Box 765
Delavan, IL 61734